At PERMIAN we strive to provide the patient with the finest outpatient endoscopy care available. As part of this commitment to quality care, the management of Permian has implemented a Continuous Quality Improvement Process since January 1997. Each Quarter our Quality Committee revies many items including:
- Patient Satisfication Review where Survey results, patient comments, and any complaints are addressed. Prior patient suggestions have led to the addition of newer magazines and beverages in our reception area, alternative preparations for colononoscopy, and the hiring of a telephone consultant to help us make our automated phone system as "patient friendly" as possible. We appreciate your input.
- Medical Records Review to be sure that our chart documentation is accurate and current.
- Tissue Review to be sure all biopsies are reported promptly and accurately.
- Credentials Review to verify that our doctors, nurses, and medical staff have up to date training and licenses.
- Peer Review where our doctors review each others charts to be sure the best possible medical care is being given by all.
- Pharmacy Review to verify proper storage and administration of all medications.
- Infection Control Review to verify proper equipment sterilization, and patient and employee safety in accordance with OSHA guidelines.